Birmingham Repertory Theatre Company was founded in 1913 by Sir Barry Jackson.
In its former home at The Old Rep in Station Street, it launched the careers of many great British actors, including Ralph Richardson, Edith Evans and Laurence Olivier.
In 1971 the company moved to Broad Street to a newly built theatre with a much larger stage and an auditorium with no balconies, pillars or boxes, so everyone gets a great view. New generations of artists have launched their careers here and new ideas continue to reflect changes in the city and the world.
Celebrating its Centenary in 2013, the theatre is currently being redeveloped as part of the Library of Birmingham. In 2013 the company will move back to its improved home, following two years presenting shows in other theatres and site-specific spaces across the city.
See the new website for The REP archive - REP 100.