The Beggar's Bush at the junction of Chester Road and Jockey Road near New Oscott and Boldmere. The first image was taken by Sir John Benjamin Stone in 1907 as part of the Warwickshire Photographic Survey. The second image, taken in 2012, shows that The Beggar's Bush has been rebuilt, but remains in the same location on the Chester Road. The windows of The Beggar's Bush in 1907 promote Dewar's Perth Whisky and also Dunville's V.R. Whisky.
A popular local story is that the pub is named after a dispute between two parishes over the burial of a homeless man who had died underneath the bush on the border of both parishes. Some also believe the bush protected by railings, adjacent to the pub in this photograph, is the famous bush.